Learning practical skills to find and participate in meaningful work.
All people are made in the image of God - they have value and worth. Gifts and talents.
But in our world, not everyone gets the opportunity to use them. We’re changing that.
We’re giving Haitians the opportunity to learn how to sew - a valuable skill that can change their lives, and their families' lives, forever.
Why Vocational Training Matters In Haiti.
In a place like Haiti, with its many challenges - including high rates of poverty and unemployment - vocational training, like our sewing programs, offer students opportunities for more promising, and brighter, futures.
We see vocational training as a sustainable, responsible solution:
- Growing economic demand for skilled-workers
- Lack of post-secondary education options
- Fast-track to work, many times within a few months
- Increased earning potential
- Ability to support themselves and their families
- Flexibility to start a business or work for an employer
- Earn a skill for life that can’t be taken away
Work is a gift, and it’s part of God’s plan.
We believe God designed people to work. Work is not a curse, but rather a way we experience purpose, meaning, and joy. It’s what we were created to do!
Our sewing programs provide students with the practical skills, and the underpinning knowledge they need to find and participate in meaningful work to support themselves and their families. In other words, we're giving students a "hand up" not a "hand out."