Before you consider donating
First and foremost, thank you for your interest in helping our students! We are so grateful for our supporters.
We frequently receive emails from around the country asking where our offices are located, and if we can pickup donations or cover the cost of shipping.
We have one office, and it's located in the Louisville, Kentucky metro area. ***Unfortunately, we are unable to pickup donations or cover the cost of shipping. Anyone who wishes to donate fabric, will need to cover the cost of shipping.***
Supplies we're currently accepting
We try to purchase the majority of our fabric and sewing supplies in Haiti, which helps the local Haitian economy and saves on shipping (shipping to Haiti is very expensive).
However, some fabric is hard to find in Haiti or simply not available, so we will still need to import it. We are currently seeking the following donations:
- Apparel fabrics (nothing hot - no wool, fleece, etc).
- Printed cotton fabric
Duck cloth (which is a canvas-type fabric). We use this to make purses and bags.
- Denim (all colors). Our students love denim, and it's hard to find in the areas where we work.
If you are interested in donating any of the fabric mentioned above, please contact us! We would love to chat with you.
What to do with your gently used sewing supplies
Many people ask if we can use gently used sewing supplies like patterns, thread, buttons, etc. We appreciate the offer, but we're not accepting sewing supplies at this time. However, we have a few recommendations on who to contact about your gently used sewing supplies:
- Local churches - some of these may have sewing groups that could use the supplies.
- Your local American Sewing Guild Chapter.
- Many thrift stores will accept fabric and sewing supplies, but it's a good idea to call ahead first to make sure.
Thank you again for your interest in helping our sewing students!